Skip to main content

Mobile Phones: Theft

Volume 475: debated on Tuesday 6 May 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what information is required from people who report their mobile phones as stolen to the police before it is recorded as a crime and issued a crime reference number. (201900)

When a mobile phone is stolen, the victim should report the incident to the police. Unless there is evidence to show that the crime did not occur, a crime reference number will be given.