(2) how many suspected illegal immigrants have been apprehended by mobile detention centres;
(3) how many man hours have been spent in the operation of mobile detention centres;
(4) how much has been spent on procurement of mobile detention centres;
(5) for how many hours mobile detention centres have been in operation since January 2008;
(6) how many mobile detention centres were operational in April 2008.
UKBA recently piloted the use of a short-term holding facility at small south coast sea ports, primarily Poole. During this period, the merit of using this type of facility for both pre-planned operations and to apprehend illegal immigrants was considered. A version of this vehicle, informed by the earlier pilot but with a different specification is currently being developed to meet the needs of our enforcement teams. UKBA is on track to pilot the new vehicle during autumn 2008 in the Northampton area. Funding for this trial will be from within existing resources and is commercial in confidence.