Skip to main content

Eco-towns: Land

Volume 477: debated on Thursday 19 June 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what the area in hectares of the proposed Ford eco-town site is; and what proportion is (a) brownfield and (b) greenfield land. (212264)

The Ford eco-town is a site of 368.8 hectares. 30 per cent. of the site, 108.36 hectares, is brownfield and the remaining 70 per cent., 260.33 hectares, is classified greenfield. Details about this site and the other shortlisted eco-towns are available through our website. A summary of the Ford proposal and all the shortlisted locations is also available in the consultation document, “Eco-towns—Living a greener future”.