Skip to main content

Departmental Official Residences

Volume 480: debated on Monday 6 October 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for International Development what permanent residential accommodation is provided for use by civil servants in his Department; how many residential dwellings are provided; where they are located; and for what grade of civil servant they are provided. (222112)

The Department for International Development (DFID) does not provide residential accommodation for any staff in the United Kingdom.

Accommodation is provided for all staff posted overseas, irrespective of grade. Information is not retained centrally about the location of these properties, but as at the end of June the number of UK-based staff working overseas was 391.