Skip to main content

Social Services: Finance

Volume 480: debated on Thursday 16 October 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what progress he is making in devising an independent complaints procedure for those who arrange and finance their own social care and who are currently excluded from other statutory complaints procedures. (226119)

We will be seeking to legislate as soon as parliamentary time allows. In the meantime departmental officials are working with the local government ombudsman on the details of the proposed new arrangements whereby the ombudsman is given the power to handle complaints by people who fund or arrange their own adult social care services.