Skip to main content

Israel: Overseas Residence

Volume 482: debated on Tuesday 11 November 2008

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs whether the British Consulate in Jerusalem provides consular assistance to UK nationals living in Israeli settlements. (229926)

The British Consulate General in Jerusalem would provide assistance under our policy to a mono-British national living in an illegal settlement. We would not normally offer support to a dual national if he were within the state of his other nationality, or within an area controlled by that state. We may make an exception to this rule if, having looked at the circumstances of the case, we consider there is a special humanitarian reason for doing so.