Skip to main content

Social Services: Complaints

Volume 486: debated on Monday 12 January 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families how many complaints were made against social services departments in each local authority area in Yorkshire and the Humber in the last 12 months; and if he will make a statement. (244691)

This information is not collected centrally. However, local authorities are required to keep a record of:

each representation/complaint received;

the outcome of each, that is, the decisions made in response to the representation/complaint and any action to be taken; and

whether there was compliance with the time limits.

Each local authority must produce an annual report drawing on this information. This report should not contain personal information that is identifiable about any individual complainant.