Skip to main content

Departmental Official Hospitality

Volume 486: debated on Tuesday 13 January 2009

To ask the Minister for the Olympics what records her Office maintains of its expenditure on (a) official hospitality and (b) alcohol for official hospitality. (240457)

My office keeps a log of ministerial gifts and hospitality given and received each year.

There is no departmental requirement to separately monitor expenditure on alcohol for hospitality purposes and therefore no mechanism for this information to be recorded.

All spending on official entertainment is made in accordance with the principles set out in Managing Public Money. This document is available on HM Treasury’s website.