Skip to main content

Sites of Special Scientific Interest: Fish

Volume 486: debated on Thursday 15 January 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what his policy is on the re-stocking with fish of lakes located within sites of special scientific interest. (247797)

When stocking fish into an inland water, prior written consent must be obtained from the Environment Agency who will assess the risk posed by each application to fisheries and the wider environment. Any application to stock a designated conservation site, is referred to Natural England and/or the Countryside Council for Wales.