Skip to main content

Local Government: Conditions of Employment

Volume 487: debated on Wednesday 4 February 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what requirements there are on local authorities to give time for local authority staff to undertake work for their trade union which is (a) unpaid and (b) paid for by the local authority. (252725)

Local government employers are required to follow Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) guidance, under section 199 of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992.

More information can be found at: