Skip to main content


Volume 488: debated on Wednesday 25 February 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs whether he has any plans to establish a single telephone number for use by the public to report incidents of flooding and related concerns. (258040)

[holding answer 23 February 2009]: The Environment Agency operates a 24-hour freephone incident hotline service for the reporting of all environmental incidents including flooding. In addition the Environment Agency’s Floodline service operates a 24-hour helpline providing information and general advice on flooding.