Skip to main content

Social Security Benefits: Telephone Services

Volume 489: debated on Tuesday 10 March 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions for what reasons his Department does not provide (a) an income support, (b) an employment support allowance, (c) an incapacity benefit, (d) a winter fuel allowance and (e) a jobseeker's allowance hotline for hon. Members. (253733)

Jobcentre Plus district managers should be in regular contact with their local MPs in order to offer the personal assistance they need. Jobcentre Plus district managers have been asked to write to their MPs to reinforce this offer of help. Any hon. Member with a query about any benefits should contact the Jobcentre Plus district manager who has overall responsibility for the service to local residents. This will give hon. Members effective support for a range of different queries.

The Pension, Disability and Carers Service provide a dedicated telephone service for the express use of Members of Parliament who require information on pensioner or disability and carer-related matters.