Skip to main content


Volume 492: debated on Tuesday 12 May 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if she will make an estimate of the (a) monetary value and (b) quantity of waste food disposed of from her Department's premises in the last 12 months. (273436)

This specific information is not held centrally and could be obtained only at disproportionate cost. Nevertheless my Department records its total waste arisings as required for the annual Sustainable Development in Government Report, and is working to reduce total waste from its premises.