Skip to main content

Jobcentre Plus

Volume 494: debated on Wednesday 17 June 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions what the average cost of a course delivered at a Jobcentre Plus programme centre is. (271702)

Programme centre contract prices for 2009-10 are £328 per successful outcome (between £347 and £386 in London). Of this, 70 per cent. is paid up front when a customer starts and the remaining 30 per cent. is paid only if the customer is placed into employment. On average, the anticipated costs are around £254 per person (between £269 and £299 in London).