Skip to main content

Council Tax: Overpayments

Volume 494: debated on Thursday 18 June 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if he will bring forward legislative proposals for local authorities to be required to pay interest to council taxpayers in respect of overpayments of council tax. (280742)

I refer the hon. Member to the answer given to the hon. Member for Bromley and Chislehurst on 12 February 2009, Official Report, 2214-15W.