Skip to main content

Children: Victim Support Schemes

Volume 497: debated on Monday 12 October 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families what recovery services are available to support child victims of violence, abuse, neglect and maltreatment. (289572)

Services to support the recovery of child victims of violence or maltreatment are provided by a variety of statutory and third sector organisations. The type of service required will depend on the needs of the child and the way in which the violence or harm may have had an effect on their health and development.

Where the child has been judged to be at continuing risk of significant harm and is the subject of a child protection plan, local authority children's social care has lead responsibility for implementing the plan. In these circumstances, the services required are most likely to be provided by the local authority, health, voluntary and independent sectors.