Since its inception on 8 June, there have been eight workplace accidents recorded across the BIS estate related to departmental employees or contractors. The cause of each accident, all of which were relatively minor, was as follows:
1. Finger caught by spring loaded bin lid.
2. Bump on head following fall caused by an ongoing medical condition.
3. Bump on nose caused by front cover of a paper towel dispenser falling open.
4. Fall following standing on an office chair (two instances).
5. Contractor cut finger while replacing broken light fitting.
6. Injured back while moving a cabinet.
7. Struck knee while lifting an item of computer equipment into trolley bag.