Skip to main content

Dental Services: EC Nationals

Volume 497: debated on Thursday 22 October 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Health what arrangements are in place to provide citizens of other EU countries with dental treatment if they are resident in the UK. (294354)

Citizens of other European Union countries who are ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom may access the healthcare services, including dentistry, that are available to any UK resident.

Under European Community regulations, posted workers and their dependents from member states of the European economic area and Switzerland are entitled to access state-funded healthcare on production of form E106. State pensioners and their dependents registered on form E121, in accordance with the same regulations, access state-funded healthcare in the same way as someone ordinarily resident in the UK.