At February 2009, 5.2 per cent. of the working age population in Tamworth constituency were claiming incapacity benefit.
1. Percentage is rounded to one decimal place and includes incapacity benefit credits only claims.
2. Working age is classified as 16-59 for women and 16-64 for men.
3. The methodology used to produce the parliamentary constituency population estimates differs to the methodology used to produce the local authority mid-year estimates, and is subject to further review. In view of this ongoing work, these parliamentary constituency estimates are published as ‘experimental statistics’ and are under evaluation.
4. Incapacity benefit was replaced in October 2008 (for new claimants only) by employment and support allowance.
1. Department for Work Pensions Information Directorate 100 per cent. Work and Pensions Longitudinal Study.
2. ONS Mid-term experimental population estimates for 2007.