Skip to main content

Departmental Recruitment

Volume 502: debated on Monday 7 December 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs what proportion of jobs advertised by his Department in the last 12 months were online only applications; and what provision his Department makes for those wishing to apply for jobs in his Department who do not have access to the internet. (301541)

Within the last 12 months, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advertised for 211 vacancies in the national press and on our website. Online application forms were used for 164 (78 per cent.) of these vacancies. The remaining 47 vacancies (22 per cent.) were advertised inviting applications via email and hard copy. Alternative application methods are considered on request for all our vacancies.