Skip to main content

Social Rented Housing: Regulation

Volume 502: debated on Monday 7 December 2009

To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government what assessment he has made of the effectiveness of local authority regulation of registered social landlords; what estimate he has made of the cost to local authorities of such regulation in 2008-09; and if he will make a statement. (304522)

Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) in England are regulated by the Tenant Services Authority (TSA), the independent social housing regulator. Local authorities are not responsible for regulating RSLs.