(2) whether social care provision commissioned by primary care trusts will be exempt from means-testing;
(3) what powers he plans to provide for NHS commissioners to commission social care;
(4) what uplift he expects each primary care trust to receive consequent on the takeover of social care provision by primary care trusts;
(5) what plans he has to transfer (a) control over provision and (b) responsibility for funding of social care to primary care trusts;
(6) what plans he has for the future role of the NHS in respect of control over provision of social care; and if he will make a statement.
Both “NHS 2010-15; good to great”, a copy of which has already been placed in the Library, and “The NHS operating framework for England for 2010/11” emphasised the importance of the NHS working together with its partners to deliver joined-up services around people's needs and support people to stay healthy and independent. Neither document suggested structural changes to accountability or governance.
A copy of the framework has been placed in the Library.