Skip to main content

Borders: Personal Records

Volume 503: debated on Thursday 14 January 2010

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department what his latest estimate is of the date on which the e-Borders programme will be fully operational. (309526)

The e-Borders programme is expected to be fully operational by 31 March 2014, processing 100 per cent. of all passengers and crew into and out of the UK.

e-Borders aims to capture 95 per cent. of passenger and crew movements by December 2010, covering all commercial traffic. It is expected that the remaining 5 per cent. including leisure boaters and the general aviation sector, will be providing travel document information data after 2010.