Skip to main content

Industrial Health and Safety

Volume 504: debated on Thursday 21 January 2010

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will place in the Library a copy of the health and safety advice issued to each new starter upon joining his Department. (311815)

The Home Office and its agencies, UKBA, IPS and CRB provide general health and safety advice to new starters through induction training and local line manager input. This advice includes emergency and evacuation procedures, accident reporting and first aid. The Health and Safety policy and other health and safety information is also available for all employees on the Home Office intranet.

We have no centrally produced Health and Safety advice sheet that can be placed in the Library but will make available a copy of the Home Office Health and Safety policy.