Skip to main content

Departmental Travel

Volume 507: debated on Tuesday 16 March 2010

To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department if he will publish the travel guidance issued to staff of each of his Department's agencies and non-departmental public bodies. (315025)

For personal and business travel to benign areas, Home Office Agency staff are referred to the FCO website for general travel advice. We have some internal guidance tailored to Home Office needs which is issued to staff on request. This document is protectively marked and cannot be released for national security reasons. Where travel on Home Office business involves staff visiting non-benign and/or volatile high threat areas, specific advice would be provided on a case by case basis.

NDPBs are not covered by the centrally held guidance and make their own arrangements.