FCO Services operates as a trading fund of the FCO. I have set the following performance targets for 2012-13:
1. An in-year surplus before interest and tax producing a net margin of between 1% and 5%
2. A return on capital employed of at least 3.5% (weighted average)
3. Cost of corporate functions as a % of revenue of no more than 10%
4. A utilisation rate for revenue earning staff of between 75-80%
5. Customer satisfaction rating to be within or above the 2nd quartile in the UK Customer Satisfaction Index, as produced by the Institute of Customer Service
6. Employee engagement in FCO Services using civil service survey of at least 56%
FCO Services will report to Parliament on its success against these targets through its annual report for 2012-13.