(1) That it is expedient that a Joint Committee of Lords and Commons be appointed to:
(a) carry out a review of the operation of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011, pursuant to section 7 of that Act, and if appropriate in consequence of its findings, make recommendations for the repeal or amendment of that Act; and
(b) consider, as part of its work under subparagraph (a), and report on any draft Government Bill on the repeal of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011 presented to both Houses in this session.
(2) That a Select Committee of fourteen Members be appointed to join with any committee to be appointed by the Lords for this purpose.
(3) That the Committee should publish its findings and any recommendations and report on any draft Bill by Friday 26 February 2021.
(4) That the Committee shall have power:
(a) to send for persons, papers and records;
(b) to sit notwithstanding any adjournment of the House;
(c) to report from time to time;
(d) to appoint specialist advisers; and
(e) to adjourn from place to place within the United Kingdom.
(5) That the quorum of the Committee shall be four.
(6) That Aaron Bell, Chris Bryant, Jackie Doyle-Price, Ms Angela Eagle, Maria Eagle, Peter Gibson, Mr Robert Goodwill, David Linden, Alan Mak, Mrs Maria Miller, John Spellar, Alexander Stafford, Mr Shailesh Vara and Craig Whittaker be members of the Committee.—(David T. C. Davies.)