Skip to main content

UK Green Infrastructure Platform

Volume 712: debated on Tuesday 19 April 2022

I can today inform the House that UK Green Infrastructure Platform Ltd (UKGIP) is being wound up, via a members’ voluntary liquidation, having fulfilled its objectives to own and manage the five assets retained following the sale of the UK Green Investment Bank and to enhance and realise value through their sale.

UKGIP, a private limited company, was established in 2017 to manage the Government’s interests in the unsold assets from the Green Investment Bank. It was 90% owned by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. UK Green Investment Bank Ltd (UKGIB), which is wholly owned by Macquarie, held the remaining 10% shareholding in UKGIP.