Motion made, and Question put forthwith (Standing Order No. 83A(7)),
That the following provisions shall apply to the Finance Bill:
(1) The Bill shall be committed to a Committee of the whole House.
(2) Proceedings in Committee of the whole House, any proceedings on consideration and proceedings on Third Reading shall be taken in one day in accordance with the following provisions of this Order.
(3) Paragraph (2) shall have effect notwithstanding the practice of the House as to the intervals between stages of a Bill brought in upon Ways and Means Resolutions.
(4) Proceedings in Committee of the whole House shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion 5 hours from commencement of proceedings on the Bill.
(5) Any proceedings on Consideration and proceedings on Third Reading shall (so far as not previously concluded) be brought to a conclusion 6 hours from commencement of proceedings on the Bill.
(6) Standing Order No. 83B (Programming committees) shall not apply to proceedings in Committee of the whole House or to proceedings on Consideration and Third Reading.—(Julie Marson.)
Question agreed to.
Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority
That an humble Address be presented to His Majesty, praying that His Majesty will re-appoint Mr William Lifford to the office of ordinary member of the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority with effect from 11 January 2023 for the period ending on 10 January 2026.—(Penny Mordaunt.)
Business of the House
That notices of Amendments, new Clauses and new Schedules to be moved in Committee in respect of the Counsellors of State Bill [Lords] may be accepted by the Clerks at the Table before it has been read a second time.—(Penny Mordaunt.)