2 After Clause 1, insert the following new clause—
(" The Director General and the National Lottery Commission
REPLACEMENT OF DIRECTOR GENERAL BY NATIONAL LOTTERY COMMISSION
.—(1) There shall cease to be an office of Director General of the National Lottery.
(2) In consequence of subsection (1) above, in the National Lottery etc. Act 1993 (in this Act referred to as "the 1993 Act") section 3 and Schedule 2 (which relate to the Director General of the National Lottery') shall cease to have effect.
(3) After section 3 of the 1993 Act there shall be inserted—
" The National Lottery Commission.
3A.—(1) There shall be a body corporate known as the National Lottery Commission.
(2) Schedule 2A makes provision in relation to the Commission."
(4) On the day on which this subsection comes into force under section 26(2A) below, the functions conferred or imposed on the Director General of the National Lottery by or under the 1993 Act (including any functions so conferred or imposed by virtue of this Act) shall, by virtue of this subsection, be transferred to the National Lottery Commission.
(5) Schedule ( Replacement of Director General by Commission: supplementary provisions) to this Act (which makes provision supplemental to, or consequential on, this section) shall have effect.").
My Lords, I beg to move that the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 2.Moved, That the House do agree with the Commons in their Amendment No. 2—(Lord McIntosh of Haringey.)
On Question, Motion agreed to.