Skip to main content


Volume 684: debated on Thursday 6 July 2006

asked Her Majesty's Government:

Further to the Written Answer by the Lord Hunt of Kings Heath on 20 June (WA 68), what would be the estimated annual cost of increasing the current family premium and dependent children's allowances by amounts that would raise income support and jobseeker's allowance to the same level as 60 per cent of the 2005-06 median equivalised weekly household income after housing costs.[HL6640]

It is not possible to provide the information in the format requested. Financial support for children is now paid through the child element of the child tax credit and is administered by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). All families with children are also entitled to claim child benefit, which is also administered by HMRC.