Skip to main content

Houses of Parliament: Select Committees

Volume 712: debated on Tuesday 14 July 2009


Asked by

To ask Her Majesty's Government further to the Written Answer by Baroness Crawley on 24 June (WA 290), in the absence of a centralised system of record-keeping, by what means members of each House of Parliament and the public will have access to information of future instances where Ministers or officials decline to give evidence to Parliamentary Select Committees. [HL4635]

This is a matter for the relevant Parliamentary Select Committee. Where a Minister declines to give evidence, either personally, or for an official to give evidence on their behalf, it is a matter for the relevant Select Committee to decide on further action.