To ask Her Majesty's Government further to the Written Answer by Lord McKenzie of Luton on 2 November 2009 (WA 23), what will be the proportion of men and women pensioners entitled to a full basic state pension to the nearest five per cent for all of the proportions requested. [HL145]
Table showing the estimated proportion of men and women pensioners entitled to a full basic state pension in years 2020, 2030, 2040 and 2050.
2020 2030 2040 2050 Men with entitlement to a full basic State Pension 90% 95% 95% 95% Women with entitlement to a full basic State Pension 65% 85% 95% 95%
Men with entitlement to a full basic State Pension
Women with entitlement to a full basic State Pension
Source: Projections from DWP Forecasting Division using the Government Actuary's Department's Retirement Pension Model; Great Britain only.
1. This table shows the proportion and number of people over SPA entitled to BSP ie around 85 per cent of females over SPA in 2030 are projected to be entitled to full BSP.
2. Women's entitlement is based on their own contributions and on their husband's contributions where the inheritance and substitution provisions apply for widows and divorced women.
3. Includes deferrers. Figures refer to percentage entitlement not to percentage of those in receipt of full BSP. Some people may be entitled but not be in receipt of a pension because they have chosen to defer their entitlement.
4. Proportions have been rounded to the nearest 5 per cent.
5. Estimates take into account the 2007 Pension Act reforms and apply to all people over state pension age in the given years.