Skip to main content

Police: Protection

Volume 717: debated on Monday 8 February 2010


Asked by

To ask Her Majesty's Government how much is spent on providing police protection for retired foreign politicians resident in the United Kingdom. [HL1624]

To ask Her Majesty's Government whether they pay for police protection for non-United Kingdom nationals when they are travelling overseas. [HL1625]

To ask Her Majesty's Government how many foreign nationals resident in the United Kingdom receive police protection. [HL1626]

It is long established Home Office policy not to comment on protective security arrangements and their related costs for any individuals or groups. The noble Baroness will appreciate that disclosure of such information could compromise the integrity of those arrangements and affect the security of the individuals concerned.